We may perform a number of tests in order to provide you with early detection and make the most accurate diagnosis of glaucoma. These include the following:
- Tonometry-Intraocular Pressure (IOP) measurement.
- Ophthalmoscopy-Examination of the optic nerve through a dilated pupil. Optic nerve exams can be performed using special instruments or a high magnification lens with the Slit Lamp.
- Visual Field Perimetry-A computerized examination to plot an actual map of the field of your vision.
- Gonioscopy-Direct examination of the drainage structure of your eye-trabecular meshwork-using a specialized contact lens.
- Imaging of Optic Nerve & Fibers-OCT uses a method called “optical coherence tomography” to creates digital images with beams of light to examine the optic nerve and measure the retinal nerve fiber thickness.
- Pachymetry Measurement of Corneal Thickness.