Please Watch a Safety Message from Doctor & Associates
Social Distancing, Protection & Safety Precautions at Your Upcoming Visit to Doctor & Associates
What to Expect Regarding Social Distancing Protection & Safety Precautions
When You Arrive
- When you arrive in the parking lot at our Westport CT location @ 129 Kings Hwy North, please call 203-227-4113 and tell us that you have arrived. A staff member will ask you if a) you have had any fever in the past 2-14 days, b) you have had a cough in the past 2-14 days, c) if you have had difficulty breathing or shortness of breath in the past 2-14 days, d) if you have lost any sense of taste or smell, e) if you have any redness in or around your eyes in the past 2-14 days, f) if you or a family member or resident of your home has had contact with another person with confirmed COVID-19, or who has been tested for COVID-19 in the past 2-14 days.
- Karen or Cheryl will then ask you if you have a protective mask and to please wear it and enter the building. Do not remove it when you arrive at our Front Door. If you do not have a protective mask please ask for one when you call to alert us of your arrival at our Westport office.
- When you enter the office, there will be a dispenser of alcohol based hand sanitizer. Please take a small amount and thoroughly rub it on your hands and allow it to dry.
- Proceed to the reception-check in desk and you will be greeted by a staff member who will take your temperature using a thermometer that does not touch your forehead or face. He or she will ask you stand behind the tape marked area on the floor after completing the measurement.
- Karen or Cheryl will ask you to update any insurance, privacy or treatment information as might be needed. The staff member will ask questions and update the information for you, but no signatures or writing will be needed. Please remain behind the tape marked area on the floor during these questions.
When You Step Into the Examination Area
- You may be accompanied directly from the check in desk, immediately, to a testing room or exam room, or you may have a brief wait in a waiting area. As you leave the check in desk a staff member will wipe and clean the counter area with a disinfecting wipe that might have a mild odor of bleach or Clorox. We do this for everyone’s protection and do not mean to be offensive.
- If it is necessary for you to sit in a waiting area please leave at least 1 chair between you and the next patient. Every other seat will be covered so it will be easy to space yourself apart from others. When you are accompanied from the waiting area, the technician will wipe and clean your seat and armrests with a disinfecting wipe that might have a mild odor of bleach or Clorox. We do this for everyone’s protection and do not mean to be offensive.
- Each testing room instrument is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient has stepped out of the room, regardless of whether testing equipment was used or not.
- All exam room surfaces, instruments and computers are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient has stepped out the room, regardless of whether the devices were used or not.
- Expect the doctors and staff to be wearing a specialized form fitting mask to protect both you, and them, from risk of infection. The doctors may elect to wear a more specialized N95 mask if you are in high risk health category. It is expected that you will wear either a cloth face covering or surgical mask throughout your examination visit.
- In addition, depending on how close your doctor may need to be to provide your exam and possible treatment, he or she may be wearing protective eyewear, goggles or even a clear plastic shield to protect both you and them.
- Your eye exam typically involves the use of a slit lamp microscope. We have installed plastic barriers or breath shields on them to prevent spraying of tiny moisture particles which could lead to infection. To further avoid infection we ask that you do not speak when behind the slit lamp. Our doctors will be limiting their speaking as well. They will move far back and create a safe distance to speak about your eyes and their recommendations.
When You Are Leaving Our Office
- When your exam is complete, you will either be accompanied by a technician or assistant, or directed to leave the clinic area promptly and return to the check out area. Please remain behind the tape marked area on the floor while the check out desk staff assists you. The check out desk staff member will advise and assist you with next steps, instructions, any additional appointments or required payments. Once completed, we ask that you leave the check out desk area promptly and exit the office.
Thank You! We appreciate your confidence, trust and help in making general, medical, laser and surgical eye care to all those in need.
Leslie Doctor, M.D.